- To find yourself, think for yourself.
- Let him that would move the world first move himself.
- Do not be angry with me if I tell you the truth.
- True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.
- Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
- Remember, no human condition is ever permanent. Then you will not be overjoyed in good fortune nor too scornful in misfortune.
- Enjoy yourself… it’s later than you think.
- Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty.
- What a lot of things there are a man can do without.
- If you want to be a good saddler, saddle the worst horse; for if you can tame one, you can tame all.
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- Pray Thee, Oh God, that I may be beautiful within.